Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Try this cookbook

Have you noticed all the shows on the Food Network & the Travel Channel about barbecue?
Pork, Ribs, Brisket, Texas, South Carolina, Kansas……It all looks so good but way too complicated to try at home (at least for me) and I don’t know of any good barbecue places around here. I have become hooked on watching these shows and was really craving some good barbecue, so I was curious when I came across this new book at the library: Cheater BBQ: Barbecue Anytime, Anywhere, Any Weather by Mindy Merrill and R.B. Quinn.
Well, I tried it- so good & so easy! We made the "Ultimate Cheater Pull Pork" in a crock pot – it came out great. They have recipes for both ovens and crock pots. I won’t spoil the “secret ingredient”, you will find out when you get the book. It includes enough recipes for different meats, rubs and barbecue sauces to appeal to many tastes/preferences. You can find all the ingredients at the supermarket. You have to check it out & try it. I am going to make the "Ultimate Cheater Brisket" this weekend.

No comments: